Monday, November 13, 2006

Top Ten Sad Anime

Once again following a good idea from Andrew's Cinevistramascope, and listing a top ten, this time for sad Anime titles. Some familiar tiles from my overall top ten of course make an appearence or two here too. Expect a happy list sometime soon. (I hope)

1) Grave of the Fireflies
2) Saikano*
3) Rurouni Kenshin: Reminiscence
4) Neon Genesis Evangelion
5) Zeta Gundam
6) Jin-Roh
7) Trigun
8) X
9) My HiME
10) Mobile Suit Gundam 0080, War in the Pocket

*The Manga of Saikano is even more moving than the anime. It gets high points in my book as the first Manga story I read that brought me to the brink of tears.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

THANKS I'll check these out!

Anonymous said...

Where is Romeo X Juliet?
that needs to be no.1

Wil "Aswill" said...

I know it's an old post but, where's Air TV in it? This anime deserves to be in the top 10! :)

Anonymous said...

CLANNAD ~After Story~ should be on this... D<

Anonymous said...

Uhh . . . god no, why, WHY
you put zeta gundam in there but u left out clannad after story . . . you put another gundam seires in there but u left out kanon, k idk anymore, Grave of the fire flies was indeed epic so that deserves to be in top 10, but u failed the top 10 list.

Anonymous said...

dude... where's clannad??? it deserves the top 10 rank you know

Anonymous said...

Clannad, Kanon, and Air should be one of the top 10 sad anime.. the saddest anime is h2o footprints in the sand...

Anonymous said...

hey clannad is the sad anime you know, kanon, air too....

Anonymous said...

SaiKano? Are you serious? That's probally the worst anime I've ever seen.
Try 5 centimeters per second, you don't have to agree (in fact, I couldn't care less if you did), but it HAS to be better than SaiKano.

Anonymous said...

Anime from Key visual art is the best saddest anime that l've ever known

Anonymous said...

where is Elfen Lied elfen lied was so sad it mad me cry so bad