Friday, December 28, 2007

Random Musing(s) #4:

Some random reflections as 2007 comes to an end:

- It's bizarre to think that a year ago, I didn't know who the Blue Hearts were.

- I never really said much about this, but attending part of the Cool Japan lectures at Harvard and learning not only that what I was expecting Afro Samurai to be was way off (in a good way) but getting to hear the Okazaki's thoughts was special. Do yourself a favor and go grab this one. With only five episodes, it's easy to grab and watch in one sitting. (And watching a bonus feature that opens with Sam Jackson saying "Nothing is as exciting as manga and anime" just makes my day)

- Gundam Battle Chronicle made me glad that PSP games are region free and made commutes on the T much more tolerable.

- Best Anime Movie/Film not viewed until 2007: Royal Space Force Wings of Honneamise
Honorable Mention(s): Paprika, and Arcadia of My Youth

- Best Anime TV series not viewed until 2007: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (This really shouldn't be any surprise to anyone by now)
Honorable Mention(s): Paranoia Agent

- Most Anticipated Releases for 2008: The rest of Gundam 00, Macross Frontier, and the next installment of Rebuild of Evangelion

-
Goals for 2008: Tracking down and reading the final volume of the Akira manga, watching Voices of a Distant Star, The Place Promised in Our Early Days, and at least one more work by Matsumoto Leiji, as well as adding to my list of Kurosawa films I own.

No comments: